Things to Do near Casco Bay Inn
Freeport, Maine is a great area for vacation attractions and activities in Southern Coastal Maine. If you enjoy outdoor activities like hiking, golf, walks on the beach, boat tours, a baseball game, bird watching, cross country skiing or snowshoeing, Freeport has it. If you are interested in indoor activities such as museums, plays, the symphony, sports events or beer tasting, the greater Freeport area has it.
You can find just about anything that you might enjoy within a one-hour drive of Casco Bay Inn.
Known for LL Bean and the other 110 or so shops, but only this far from:
- 4 Minutes Winslow Park
- 10 Minutes Wolfe Neck State Park
- 15 Minutes Bradbury Mountain State Park
- 5 Minutes Casco Bay
- 45 Minutes Boothbay
- 15 Minutes Portland’s Old Port
- 40 Minutes Kennebunkport
- 30 Minutes Old Orchard Beach
- 20-60 Minutes Lighthouses from Cape Elizabeth to Camden
- 25 Minutes Bath -Maine Maritime Museum
- 15 Minutes Portland Art Museum
- 15 Minutes Bowdoin College
- 10-30 Minutes GOLF
- Acadia National Park is 3 Hours and we make the perfect overnight rest stop coming, going or both.
From the first name in the great outdoors to the last word in international fashion; from the bustle of Main Street to the salty quiet of the town wharfs, some of the best things in life are in Freeport, Maine.
A picturesque town just two hours from Boston, Freeport is a bargain hunter’s paradise.
Formerly a town relying on shoe factories, the retail boom (which began in 1982 with Dansk Factory Outlet) has brought a new prosperity to a town where the factories have long been silent.
The boom has brought to Freeport some of the biggest names in retail and outlet stores as well as some of the most charming small shops. The retail expansion began with tasteful renovations near the L.L. Bean Retail Store and has spread throughout the town. Lot’s of major new expansions directly in the middle of town!
Downtown –Great Parking and Walk to Stores
Come spend a few days – Take some lessons – Tour the Coast and play some Golf.
Bring a group for even more fun.
Golf Freeport, Maine Casco Bay Inn Area
- 15 Minutes Brunswick Golf Club
- 2 Minutes Freeport Country Club
- 15 Minutes ValHalla Golf Club
- 25 Minutes Spring Meadows (Championship Course)
- 30 Minutes Fox Ridge Golf Club
Across the street
1 Mile Toward town
½ Mile South
1 Mile South
- Pat’s Pizza – Great Casual Sports bar
2 Miles -on Town Pier -Waterfront
- Harraseket Lunch and Lobster Casual Lobster – Fried Clams – etc
For additional restaurants, go to www.freeportusa.com