Staying at Casco Bay Inn in Freeport
When planning your vacation or weekend getaway on the Maine Coast, take advantage of the convenient and comfortable lodging accommodations at Casco Bay Inn. Please note that we do not allow bicycles in our rooms as we have had past guests get grease and oil on our carpets and towels. We do however, have bicycle storage available on site if requested. Also, please familiarize yourself with the following policies, and if you have any additional questions about staying at our hotel, feel free to contact us.
Please let us know by 3:00 p.m. EST (24 hours) before the check-in date, if you need to cancel. If you call with less than 24 hour notice, we will attempt to resell your room. If we are able to re-sell your room, then you will not be charged a cancellation fee. If we do not hear from you and you are a no show, then we will charge one night’s room fee to your credit card.
Please call, no matter what the time, if you are unable to keep your reservation because we may be able to re-book your room in which case there will be no charge.
The Casco Bay Inn is a smoke-free facility. If you smoke anywhere in the building, you will receive a warning and be charged a $200.00 fee for cleaning. A second offense will result in an additional $200.00 fee and you will be asked to leave the property.
The Casco Bay Inn does not accept pets at this time; this includes comfort and companion animals. A violation of this policy will result in a $100.00 fee being assessed, and you will be asked to leave.
Service dogs are always welcome.
At the Casco Bay Inn we understand the importance of privacy and are committed to maintaining the trust of our guests by adopting high standards for the protection of personal information.
This policy outlines the type of personal information we collect and receive when guests use the Casco Bay Inn website at www.cascobayinn.com. It does not apply when guests contact us either in person or by telephone. The policy outlines the circumstances in which we collect or receive personal information, the policies and procedures we have established outlining its use and storage, and for sharing certain types of personal information in certain limited circumstances, the procedures you should follow if you have any questions or requests with respect to your personal information or our policies and procedures and the person to whom such questions or requests should be directed, and the means by which to communicate with that person.
No one under the age of 21 years may reserve a room at the CascoBay Inn. This includes using our website to make a reservation. Anyone who appears to be under 21 years of age will be asked for identification to show proof of age. Those persons under the age of 21 will not be allowed to check-in and a refund will not be provided.
In this policy, personal information means information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, e-mail address,phone number, or credit card information.
Making A Reservation
When making a reservation or using the Casco Bay Inn services it is necessary to have information in order to identify you, contact you and to process your requests.This information includes your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date.We may also offer special discounts from time to time that may have qualifying criteria.Sometimes we offer special offers to, for example, seniors or for children. To assess your eligibility and process your reservation correctly, we need to record your date of birth at the time of booking.You may be required to provide personal identification with your date of birth in order to verify this upon check-in.
Information Provided To Us Regarding Service Delivery Through Other Website Provider Guest Comments Such As Trip Advisor, Expedia or Booking.com.
Information provided to us in such a fashion will be used solely for the purpose of recording your comments, communicating with you in respect of them, reviewing them with the subject hotel and hotel personnel, for the purposes of recognizing employees for excellence of service delivery and for developing improvements in service delivery.
Visiting Our Website
Why We Collect Personal Information
1.To establish and maintain a responsible relationship with you and to provide ongoing service.
2.To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the products and services you receive from us and we may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better. For example, we may record your preference for type of room.
3.To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services.for example, we look at our guests’ use of our services so that we can better understand how to improve our services.
4.To manage and develop our business and operations. For example we analyze guest patterns of usage of our hotels and services to help us manage them efficiently and plan for future growth.
5.To meet legal and regulatory requirements. The State of Maine requires certain personal information to be kept on file for a minimum of two (2) years.
When Do We Disclose Personal Information
We disclose personal information only in these limited circumstances:
1. We may disclose a guest’s personal information to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of the Casco Bay Inn, is seeking the information as an agent of the guest -for example, a travel agent who is booking a reservation on behalf of the guest.
2. Personal information will be shared with a third party involved in supplying the guest with the services they have purchased to the extent necessary to effect the supply and the processing of the transaction.
3. Personal information may be shared with a third party retained by the Casco Bay Inn to perform functions on its behalf such as reservations handling, data processing or storage, guest surveys or research.
4. Personal information may be shared with an agent retained by the Casco Bay Inn to evaluate a customer’s credit worthiness or in order to collect a customer’s account.
5. Personal information may be shared with a public authority or an agent of public authority if in the reasonable judgment of the Casco Bay Inn it appears that there is an imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information, or which is closure is compelled by a legal authority.
6. Any such disclosure of a guest’s personal information by the Casco Bay Inn to a third party will be made only on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used only for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
- The Casco Bay Inn will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose than those identified above, except with your express consent.
- The Casco Bay Inn will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- The Casco Bay Inn will take appropriate steps to protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with third parties.
- The Casco Bay Inn will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- The Casco Bay Inn will honor your request to access your personal information in as timely fashion as is reasonably possible.
You are always free to refuse to provide personal information to us. However, doing so will limit your ability to make a reservation and stay at the Casco Bay Inn.
You may also withdraw your consent with respect to the use of your personal information for marketing purposes at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, using ‘Unsubscribe’ as the subject line, and providing us sufficient personal identifiers so we can act effectively on your request.
If you have questions or concerns about our privacy practices or wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at email@example.com or if you prefer by writing us at:Casco Bay Inn, 107 US Route 1, Freeport, ME 04032, Attn: Privacy Officer